My name is Brooke. I live in New York City. Just because my blog has naked in the title doesn't mean i'm a perve. Promise.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

She misses everything

so School has started up again. Everyone is trying to get back to their normal lives after Sandy. I loved the break but now I got oodles of makeup classes which will probably take up my weekends which is going to BLOW mega hard.

The temps in this lovely city have dropped dramatically. In other words...IT'S REALLY FUCKING COLD AND I WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF. When you step outside the first 3 minutes are nice but then you just want to run back inside and curl up next to a fireplace(if only I had one).

It's really odd. I have these moments where I take a second and look up and around at my city and I am so happy that I am here. I try to embrace the weather and for a second I enjoy everything. I sometimes forget that I'm living in NYC. It's like my mind shields itself from all the energy and chaos that the city carries. It's almost like I am so comfortable and at home here that I forget where I am...and that not everyone gets to be where I am.
And then there are other moments when I miss home so much. I miss the warm air, the smell of the ocean, the sounds of my dogs barking at nothing.I miss the sun and how just stepping out onto the porch could lighten up my mood.I miss my moms salty pumpkinseeds, bonfire nights and my moms christmas decorations.

I love my new home but I will always miss my old one. I can't wait to visit for the holidays. I can't wait to sleep in my annoying bright purple and blue room. I can't wait to have warm bonfires on cold nights and hang out with my friends and my sister. I can't wait for everything.






be home soon

No comments:

Post a Comment